The Rotork Fairchild Model 4500 Model 4500 Pneumatic Volume Booster is popular due to rugged design and high flow capacity in an economical package. With its pilot operated regulator design, the M4500 handles up 250 psig [17 BAR] (1700 kPa) supply pressure and has five available signal to output ratios to meet most control element requirements. The 4500 Booster provides a flow capacity of 150 SCFM [255m3/Hr], which equates to a Cv factor of approximately 3.0 in both forward and exhaust modes.
- Extremely fast and responsive operation
- Versatility to meet most control element requirements
- Allows use in precision applications
- Minimizes air consumption
- Isolates the diaphragm from the main flow to eliminate hunting and buzzing
- Minimizes pressure drop at final control element under flow conditions
- Allows tuning for optimum dynamic response (1:1 ratio only) and cycle free operation with valve positioners
- Eliminates any hunting and buzzing
- Certification for use in all Canadian territories and provinces
Oil free air must be applied to the regulator. Use a filter to remove dirt and entrained liquid in the air line ahead of the regulator. If an air line lubricator is used, it MUST be located downstream of the regulator, to avoid interference with regulator performance.